It’s been a crazy week.
On Tuesday morning we introduced new perks to our Indiegogo campaign, specially for Texas Chainsaw fans. Depending on your contribution level, you can choose any one, two, or all four of these items, all SIGNED by Texas Chainsaw co-creator Kim Henkel.
- Texas Chain Saw Massacre 40th Anniversary DVD/Blu-Ray Combo Pack
- Texas Chain Saw Massacre original theatrical poster
- Leatherface mask
- Leatherface chainsaw toy
If you’ve ever tried to get Kim’s signature before, you know he can be pretty elusive. We recently heard that one of our fans has spent ten years collecting signatures from every major player in the original movie, but since Kim rarely (if ever) attends conventions or screenings, that’s the one signature he’s still missing. (And before you ask, yes, we’re hooking the guy up.) So this could be your only opportunity to get something signed by the guy who co-created Leatherface.
Shortly after announcing these new perks, our Indiegogo campaign hit $15,000 with 200 people funding, which means with three weeks left we’re 40% of the way there. It’s a great place for us to be. Especially because …
The media has been going crazy. In the past week:
- Mashable did a video segment on us that was picked up by The Huffington Post;
- CNet wrote a long article featuring our campaign;
- Cannon Digital Feature Film Making published an in-depth, two-part interview with Steven; and
- We’ve had more articles from Daily Dead, Film Pulse, Examiner.com, I Wanna Be a Geek!, and Modern Horrors, all of whom wrote glowing reviews of our campaign. Our favorite quote (from the Modern Horrors piece): “If you don’t feel the need to assist after watching [the Found Footage 3D campaign video] then there may be no hope for you.”
And the crazy thing is, this is just the beginning. We’ve done several interviews in the past few days and know of at least half a dozen more articles coming out in the next week or two.
So stay tuned. Thanks for all the support, keep sharing, and if you haven’t already, sign up on our email list to make sure you don’t miss any important updates.